Route to Camp Akita...located 30 miles southeast of Columbus off US Route 33
- Travel 7 miles from downtown Lancaster (Routes 33 & 22/188)
- Turn left at the flashing lights on Rt. 33 to the village of Sugar Grove
- Travel 1/10 mile, turn right onto Fairfield County Road 65 crossing the metal bridge and follow County Road 65 for 3 miles to the white church at the top of the hill
- Follow the signs with the Akita logo
- Turn right at the white church onto Hurst-Hill Road
- Follow Logan Hornsmill Road for 2.7 miles to Camp Akita main entrance
Camp Akita, which is accredited by the American Camping Association, is located approximately six miles east of U.S. Rt. 33, just south of Lancaster. Follow the signs for the ultimate nature experience.
Winter View of Camp Akita
Camp Akita's main lodge, which is divided into two dormitories, can house 100 people. The facility is heated and contains modern bathrooms. A large sandstone fireplace complements the large meeting room, which seats 130.
A Private apartment with bath and kitchen facilities in the lower level are available for use by a guest speaker or conference director. Larger groups can be accommodated by adding the housekeeping cabins.